Sunday 6 August 2017

More Northampton flora

On our way back south we stopped at several roadside spots where the Kalbarri NP joins the highway and closer to Northampton. There aren't any carpets of daisies but a number of the heath plants are starting to flower here and further south.

We had a delightful lunch at the Railway Hotel in Northampton with my cousin Valda and Kevin, her daughter Bronwyn and daughter-in-law Shelley, and her five grandchildren. It must be nearly 40 years since we last met.

Calothamnus

I don't know the species but the bees were loving it. When I first saw it I didn't think it was flowering - the flowers are brown and tiny.

Wattle

Native bee, on a Grevillea I think.

Our caravan, and some road-hogging mining equipment moving north.



Emu Bush


Hakea perhaps


Emu Bush


Hakea


Hakea

Hakea


Numerous white flowers that insects were finding very attractive. I could have spent a lot of time at this bush just photographing the insects.

2 comments:

Boobook said...

Comments welcome

Anonymous said...

These spp are all looking awfully familiar. I remember that white grevillea at the bottom having an incredibly strong smell.