Monday 8 August 2011

Karlu Karlu

We're tourists, right? So we did the tourist thing and turned off the highway to see the Devils Marbles. To say I was surprised is an understatement. The site is awesome. Awe some. And I think they should be called their original name, Karlu Karlu.

I've seen photos of the rock formations but I had know idea that the boulders are scattered over such a large area or that they are so large. They must be a fantastic sight in the late afternoon light or sunrise and next time I'm on the Stuart I'll be staying nearby so that I can see that.



I love you Karlu Karlu.


The flora of Australia has been modified and defined by centuries of fire. For the last three days we've been driving through country that has been burnt recently, patches of green and black because the fires have burnt slowly and some areas have escaped, and today we saw the live action and heard the spinifex crackling as it was consumed.



And this one's for W. Phil thinks the road ahead is OK.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what a fine forward-looking fellow he is. We could,of course, accept a pic of the photographer, but no bronze nudes please. Shalom W

Boobook said...

Hi W
Now you've really confused and intrigued my loyal readers! Anyone curious enough to follow up will need to search for 'Schaffhausen' on my other blog.

JSK said...

I've always been fascinated by the Devil's Marbles and wondered if they were as impressive as they sound. I'm glad they are. Maybe one day I'll get to see them. And I agree - they should be known by their original name!