Thursday 4 November 2010

Bryophytes

Last weekend, Victoria's unofficial extra long weekend because of the melbourne Cup, we went down to the Otways to explore the wet forest.

Our main aim was to relocate the Thismia rodwayi that we found last year, which we did, and a specimen will be collected for the herbarium - and then we explored around the Forrest area for the following day or so. Then we went home to dry out.

We found some lovely plants and animals but these are some of the lichens and liverworts from that area. It was lovely to see the wet forest actually wet.







1 comment:

fnkykntr said...

I love these pictures, these lichens are so beautiful, don't think I've seen any like it before! The photos are really great too - I'm thinking of using them to inspire some felt art, I'd like to see if I can replicate some of the amazing structures in there with wool. Thanks for posting!