Monday 23 June 2008

Feral?

For three weeks I've been trying to get rid of a cold, and getting very annoyed because it just keeps on hanging around. So I haven't felt like getting out and about in the natural world, and as well as that I have had to work full time the last two weeks! I've been getting used to not working (paid work that is) so it's a bit of a shock. So, no time for observing or blogging.

But there is sunshine on the horizon. Next week we go to Queensland, the sunny state, for three weeks - new territory to explore. Hopefully I can blog while I'm away so don't give up on me.

This rabbit has been living on the campus of Deakin Uni for several years, and I took its photo this week through a wet window so the quality is terrible, but you can see by the colouring that it's not a wild rabbit as such. Several others in the family group have patches of white as well. They often feed out in the open in the middle of the day, and ignore passing foot traffic.

2 comments:

mick said...

Nice pic! I haven't seen a rabbit like that in the open for years.
btw SE Queensland weather is nearly perfect right now - cool nights and definitely shirt-sleeves only days.
Enjoy your time up here!

Lynette Weir said...

Hello Boobook - Hope you are on the mend! In Nthn NSW we are having lovely weather this week (it has been quite wet) with sunny days around 22c forecast all week! So QLD should be lovely. Just the remedy for recuperating...kind regards - Lyn